Thursday, January 31, 2013

Soup n Sandwich Nostalgia


    My grandpa was a chef, and I'll always remember going to my grandpa's restaurant and ordering a grilled cheese sandwitch on white bread, steak fries, and a glass of Coke (preferably with more than 3 marrachino cherries at the bottom of the glass!)

   Grilled cheese will always remind me of my grandpa, without a doubt he made THE best grilled cheese a 5 year old could ask for.  I've been hoping to recreate a delicious tomato bisque soup I had ordered when I was in Boston for a week & pair it with the ever-favorite grilled cheese sandwich.  A good winter-comfort-food meal.   The soup was tasty, but could use perfecting.  I may try it next time sans the beans, in hopes for a more creamy base.  The grilled cheese, although not my grandpas, tasted divine with the soup ;) 





No comments: